Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Quads on Fire

OK Tricia...it's time! Dust off your water bottles and your food journal, and get ready to go again!

I've decided to switch my focus from the eating portion of getting healthy, to the exercise portion of getting healthy. I know from past personal experience that when I exercise, the healthy eating naturally follows (because I don't want to screw up the exercising I've done), but when I eat right, the exercising doesn't necessarily follow...because I figure I'm doing "good enough" by eating right. So! Exercise is now the name of the game.

Yesterday I weighed in at 202 (boo hiss...lol), which is up five pounds from where I left off just before my surgery. I still have a 9 lb. net loss from my starting weight of 210.

Also yesterday, I did The Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD workout. It was pretty brutal. I got winded during the warm-up, and by 11:30 into the 20:00 workout, I was pretty dead. I kept moving through the whole thing, but I had to modify a lot of the exercises to get through them. Pretty sad how out of shape I am!

Today, I walked 2 miles in 30 minutes...or 15 minutes each! That's pretty good. I guess that still comes from all of my 3-Day Walk training. We're watching our DVR'd The Biggest Loser: Couples tonight, too...so I'll be all motivated to keep going afterward.

(As a side note...Patrick started exercising today too, and is upstairs making edamame, so I think he's sick of being fat, too...lol!)

No comments: